Find
Notify
Tools

VIBRATORY TUMBLER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FOLKS,
I just bought a BERRY"S brand tumbler & case seperator has anyone any good / bad results with these ?
Thank you.
SOUP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Soup,
Well I just have to ask your age. It would seem that some of the older members have gone to the Vibratory case polishers for alterior purposes. It has been said that some, and I will not memtion names, have been polishing their cases with the Vibratory Tumblers in their laps. This is clearly a violation of the purpose these units were designed for. They will, of course, all go to hell for abusing their holy temples. If you are a young man please do not follow in their footsteps. The road to hell can be very short. Resist those temptations.
Jack

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I can hear my Berry's cleaning kit right now making noise in the shop.
http://www.berrysmfg.com/categories/50-0.php

It gets the brass functionally clean in 1/2 hour.
It gets the brass show off shiney overnight.

The corn media they sent has not been changes in 7,000 rounds of .223.
It is very dirty, but still works.

The only problem I have is getting the brass and media from the tumbler into the separator without spilling some on the floor.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tnekkcc:

I think you will find Walnut does a better job of cleaning than does corn media...

Walnut media is real cheap down here....$4.00 for 5 lbs of it......

I'll have to show you my set up for brass cleaning when you get down this way in the near future...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Seafire, I a ready to move up to Walnut media.
I just ordered some from Graf.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
STOP THE ORDER
I see from other post that both the cob and walnut are available from the BIG PET SUPPER STORES at about 1/10 the cost and it works just as well. My media is about shot and that is what I plan to do. You will still need the GOODY to treat them, but that can be bought from Brownell's or elsewhere.
Jack

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winggunner:
STOP THE ORDER
I see from other post that both the cob and walnut are available from the BIG PET SUPPER STORES at about 1/10 the cost and it works just as well. My media is about shot and that is what I plan to do. You will still need the GOODY to treat them, but that can be bought from Brownell's or elsewhere.

waveI use the pet store walnut in all of my tumblers.The treatment is simple; A number of sprays of Orange 409, about 2 table spoons of Bon Ami, and a chopped up napkin or paper towel. In the vibratory tumbler it works best outside with the cover off. cheersroger
Jack

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tnekkcc:

we can pick you up 5 ot 10 lbs of it when you drop down this way,

that ought to keep you cases shiny for a while....

why have it shipped all the way from Nebraska?

If you want, I can pick up the 5 or 10 lbs and bring it over to Bonanza for you....

just a thought....

seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my girlfriend got caught up with one of those "vibratory device tumblers" found it in her purse. I didnt care left me more time to go shooting. clap

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I can see, there is little or no difference in the performance of any of the vibratory tumblers on the market. The size of the tub may vary, but they all work about the same, so just buy the most economical in the size tub you want. (Your girlfriend's personal device is too likely too small and weak, unless you've got one helluva girlfriend, in which case the two of you need to go tumbler shopping together.)

There's typically a problem with pet store corn cob: It's normally ground too coarse for tumbling usage. I have screened it to use the finer bits, but this cuts out about 75% of the volume and pushes the effective price up to about what commercial preparations sell for. On the other hand, the walnut pet store material seems to be about the right granualation and works just fine. I'm sure this varies from brand to brand, so just watch for the granulation when buying.

Walnut is a little faster, but corn cob seems cleaner. I avoid treated walnut, some of which leaves a persistent brown residue on your cases. Auto polish, Bon Ami, or Lyman's tumber media enhancer all work fine to speed the action of your media.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:

If you want, I can pick up the 5 or 10 lbs and bring it over to Bonanza for you....

j
seafire
cheers

Thanks, but I already ordered it, with 10X as much other stuff. I hope Graf Walnut is good.

http://www.grafs.com/metallic/product/4602