Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Creedmoor?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Noticed today that Ruger added the Ruger Precision rifle and the Ruger American Predator in a 6mm Creedmoor chambering. Has anyone heard of this?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are asking if anyone has heard of the 6mm Creedmoor, then yes, I, and I assume many other board members, have heard of it. Some have even played with it. Being a necked down 6.5 Creedmoor, it is essentially a factory version of the 6mm XC, performance wise anyway. There are differences between the 6XC and 6creed, but they are very similar. With small primer pocket Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor coming in a couple months, the differences will be even less. If I were to get a 6mm Creedmoor, I would certainly use necked down Lapua Creedmoor brass if I were looking for the very best performance.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
January 2017; Guns and Ammo; author Tom Beckstrand.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
With small primer pocket Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor coming in a couple months, the differences will be even less. If I were to get a 6mm Creedmoor, I would certainly use necked down Lapua Creedmoor brass if I were looking for the very best performance.

I made this statement thinking that the 6xc uses small rifle primers, but it does not. I was confusing it with the 6x47 Lapua, in this aspect.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
It sounds pretty impressive...I feel like the 6.5 Creedmoor has a cult following and it won't take much for this one to receive that treatment as well.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
6mmXC, how close is that to the 6mm International? The 6mm INT was a 250 Savage Improved necked up to 6mm.
The 6.5 Creedmore is very close to the 250IMP, just a bit longer neck.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 317 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
My 6mm CM Predator shoots well Smiler)))

Factory ammo, first three shot and five shot groups with factory ammo after I broke the barrel in.

It really likes my Nosler 105gr RDF load.

I settled on the 2.740 seating depth and it has performed under half MOA since.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the Creedmoor operates at extremely high pressure, in the high 60,000 to 69000 PSI an old Rem trick..That said its become very popular and seems to be an accurate round..

I would prefer the 250-3000..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAAMI is 62k, not 69k

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote