THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    New Remington/Eley .22 rimfire ammo

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington/Eley .22 rimfire ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I notice that Remington is now marketing .22 rimfire ammunition that is manufactured by Eley. It's in Remington boxes, but it also says Eley on the box. There are three different loadings, and one of them is supposed to be identical to Eley Tenex.

Has anyone here used this ammo, so that you could report on its performance?

A few days ago I saw an article in a gun magazine on a newsstand -- I think it was Shooting -- where someone (Layne Simpson, if I remember correctly) tested two high-quality .22 rifles (Kimber, I believe) with this ammo. He said that the Match Extra Plus is identical with Tenex. In his tests, the Club Xtra actually produced smaller groups than the Match Xtra Plus in both rifles.

I notice that in Saeed's tests of .22 rimfire ammo he found many variations and inconsistencies in the loads, except for Eley Tenex. If this new Remington product is, in fact, Eley Tenex, does it have the same consistency as the Eley-marketed product?

For those of us in the US this is a welcome develpoment because here this Remington/Eley ammo is only about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of Eley.

[This message has been edited by LE270 (edited 11-22-2001).]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Wolverine>
posted
It is the best .22LR ammo I have ever used. Well worth the price. My last 5 shot group at 25 yds with Remington/Eley Match Xtra Plus out of my CZ 452 Lux went under 1/4".