Notify
Tools

Life is good today?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all

Life is good today.....

I start a new job, sounds like a fun job too. I have been out of work for a couple of months.

I just went and picked up my new rifle. Yee ha!!!

I now have a Ruger 77 compact in .260 remington in my grubby little fingers.

I am going to see how well it shoots 120 gr NBT's and hopefully in a couple o months I will see how well they do on Alabama Whitetail....

Jim

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me guess - are you the same Jim B that gave my dog a drink at the shooting range and shot my 338 twice (one big hole by the way). If so - maybe I'll see you at the range this weekend (wifes permission) and we can chronograph that 260. I thought you were going to get a Ruger 25-06. Anyway enjoy the toy and the job.

Posts: 363 | Location: Madison Alabama | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim B.:
Hi all

Life is good today.....

I start a new job, sounds like a fun job too. I have been out of work for a couple of months.

I just went and picked up my new rifle. Yee ha!!!

I now have a Ruger 77 compact in .260 remington in my grubby little fingers.

I am going to see how well it shoots 120 gr NBT's and hopefully in a couple o months I will see how well they do on Alabama Whitetail....

Jim

One do not miss or appreciate the blessings and simple things in Life untill you lose them or they are threatened.....one does not usually have to look too far to find someone in a worse situation than your own....Have a GREAT Life and good luck and good shooting!!!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifleman1

Yep, that was me with the water bucket.

Just for the un-enlightened....

I was at the local outdoor range a couple of weeks ago with a 10/22 killing some playing cards.

I was driving out and stopped to watch a fellow at the 100 yard range and happened to have some ice water to share with his Brittany.

Nice guy that he is he offered to let me shoot his Ruger 77 in .338. I could not pass up the opportunity at shooting a round that I had not shot before. I settled into the shooting bench and snugged the rifle in tight, pulled the trigger, and was almost disappointed. It was no where near the bear that I have been led to believe. Well, Rifleman1 tells me that the bullet is about 4 inches high and 2 inches right then hands me another. I settle in and squeeze the trigger. I am at least consistent. The two holes in the target were touching each other side by side.

Small world sometimes.......

Jim B.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote