THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Accuaracy and barrel life in WSSM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuaracy and barrel life in WSSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had the chance to shoot and evaluate the new 243 WSSM? What kind of velocity are you getting out of the 90-100 grain bullets? How accurate has it been (better or worse than a standard .243)? Is it hard on barrels?

Posts: 428 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barrel life isn't a concern with the 243 WSSM. Even though it should ballistically match the 6MM Rem, which isn't a barrel burner, Browning and Winchester chose to chrome line the barrel. The chrome lining usually at least doubles the barrel life, and makes it easier to clean.

I don't have a 243 WSSM, though I do have a 223 WSSM in a Winchester Coyote and a 223 Rem in a super short action A-Bolt. With those super short actions, they are neat rifles!

I have a friend who works at Winchester, and he says that the 243 WSSM's have good accuracy.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote