THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone see the Aquilla .17 rimfire ammo yet?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone see the Aquilla .17 rimfire ammo yet?
 Login/Join

<HHI 812>
posted
I heard they won't be as hot as the .17HMR, but still a rimfire necked down to a .17 cal.

<JDD>
posted
have you heard if it is a new round or will it fire in the HMR, man if they use a thicker jacketed bullet that will bring the 17HMR to being a great east coast gun

JD

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
The 17 Aguila is a necked down 22LR case vs the 17HMRs necked down 22 Magnum case. They will NOT be interchangable. From the pictures I've seen of the prototypes though, it looked as if they ahd put too much neck on it with the shoulder too far back. But that was a prototype and subject to some changes. I'd been looking forward to seeing it come out. I have a 17 cal barrel just wanting to be put on the Calico M-100 once it does come out.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote