New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 scope mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, within a few days I will get a 527 Varmint cal. 223. Which scope mounts do you use and is there any sort of adaptation to install a weaver/picatinny base on it?

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 527 comes with a set of rings that fit it's dovetails.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
Hi, within a few days I will get a 527 Varmint cal. 223. Which scope mounts do you use and is there any sort of adaptation to install a weaver/picatinny base on it?

The CZ factory mount rings are quite satisfactory.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some Warne rings for mine, the rear ring should have a small recoil lug on it's left side that matches a mortise in the dovetail. The Warne's had a screw in place of the small lug that didn't even come close to fitting properly, it was far too large. I called Warne and got a line of malarkey.

Let me repeat: I called Warne and got a line of malarkey.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 527 AMERICAN comes with rings that are quite satisfactory. The other models of 527's I don't think come with rings, they have iron sights instead. The only thing to watch out for is the eyepiece bell on your scope, if it is too big the bolt handle will hit it when you cycle the bolt. I had to put a different scope on mine than what I was inteneding because of that issue.

Posts: 417 | Location: TX panhandle | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calhoon will swap a standard 527 bolt handle for one of his reworked ones, plus $44.00, that offers more clearance.

The bolt handle is easily removed as the bolt is stripped.

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/pricelist.php

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
Calhoon will swap a standard 527 bolt handle for one of his reworked ones, plus $44.00, that offers more clearance.

The bolt handle is easily removed as the bolt is stripped.

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/pricelist.php
That's good news! The inexplicably thick bolt root on the CZ makes properly low scope mounting impossible. Three cheers for Calhoon!

Now if someone would only figure out how to modify the bassackwards safety so that "shoot" is forward and "safe" is backward like the rest of the guns in the known universe. It might keep someone from getting killed or maimed.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I bought a CZ 527 Carbine in .223 a couple of years ago. The CZ rings do a good job of staying in place without any special techniques. They also return to zero when you take the scope off.

Other than the safety being bassakwards and the irons being 8" low at fifty yards rifle is a dream. Yesterday I put several loads into less than 1/4" at 100 yards.

I bought a shorter front sight from CZ, carry it with an empty chamber and endeavor to persevere. hilbily

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For some reasons, here the 527 is sold without scope rings Roll Eyes, that's the reason of my question; nothing about a weaver/picatinny base?

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Gawd Awmighty, now even the CZ rifles are shooting 1/4" groups! And with several loads. That does it! I'm selling my BR rifles.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
Great Gawd Awmighty, now even the CZ rifles are shooting 1/4" groups!

Mine do too... dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great Gawd Awmighty, now even the CZ rifles are shooting 1/4" groups! And with several loads. That does it! I'm selling my BR rifles.
That's measured as a quarter-inch between the two closest holes Wink. And remember, the avearage male organ is eight inches long rotflmo

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
JTPinTX

JTPinTX is right the American comes with rings but the others don't, you can order CZ's rings but they are expensive for what they are IMO.
I have a number of CZ 527's and I always use Millett's rings. They look ok and bolt right on. I use a goodly number of Weaver Grand Slam 6X20 scopes and as memory serves it requires the medium ring. Oh, and they are well priced in my opinion which means "cheap" Big Grin.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wouldn't sell them yet, but my CZ527 .223 shoots my 40g Nosler BT hunting load like this at 100 yards:

The group would have been better but my fifth shot was the flyer. The light sporter barrel is better with 3 shot groups.

On one occasion, June 6 this year, put 3 shots with the same rifle and load into this 100 yard group:

That 3 shot group, with a 3-9x40 Bushnell 3200 scope (that scope just fits with the CZ rings that came with the rifle), was probably better luck that good judgement - but the rifle did it shooting my favorite GH load - 40g Nosler BT, 28.0g of AA2460, CCI400, 2.272" COL.

I wouldn't try to win a GH target match with it but it's taken 21 Gh with 21 shots (all instant kills) at ranges from 54 to 169 yards shooting from field positions (including off hand shots at 54 and 69 yards), but I wouldn't take a bench rest rifle GH hunting here either. There are horses for courses.

When I'm going back on my sisters farm to get a GH or two, I reach in the safe and this rifle seems to stick to my hand. It feels good, is as reliable as gravity, and a death ray for GH out to 220 or so yards. I hit them right where I'm aiming and that 40g nosler BT destroys them. It would be good for longer distances with a different scope, but I don't usually get shots longer than 220 yards.

Fitch

Posts: 153 | Location: Carlisle, PA | Registered: 04 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
....nothing about a weaver/picatinny base?

https://www.rimfiretechnologie...sp?ProductCode=19007

It might interest somebody; I've just placed an order. It will allow me to use the beloved Burris signature rings and their offset inserts.

posted Hide Post
At one time, B-Square made a Weaver adapter for the CZ 527. I'm not sure if they still make it. Sometime back, I saw a reference to another Weaver adapter, however, I don't remember who made it. Seems like it may have been an import. Try googling it maybe?

Posts: 22 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 21 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure I understand the desire to attach bases to a rifle that doesn't need them and already requires the scope be set fairly high due to the height the bolt lifts?? Confused .
One of the complaints one occasionally hears about the 527 already is "The scope sits to high". I don't really think so or I wouldn't have the number of em I do but I sure wouldn't personally exacerbate the situation with unneeded bases. I guess we all have our own likes and dislikes about everything and especially shooting styles.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I need high mounts; it's a Varmint and I will install a 6-24x44 scope, with a 61 mm. bell.

One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
There are Rings from EAW that fits the dovetail base of the cz527. It´s a fixed scope mount. Don`t know the exact name. They look similar to Leupold PRW rings. I put a zeiss 8x56 on my .223. It`s so low that I had to remove the rear sight. It works and looks great. Mine it´s not a varmint but just ask your gunsmith.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's already settled, that CZ dovetail-to-picatinny adaptation and Burris signature rings are about perfect for my needs.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote