THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    converting a Ruger 10/22 to a 10/.17 mach2 ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

converting a Ruger 10/22 to a 10/.17 mach2 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted
Are there barrels out there that you can just switch out like other 10/22 barrels? Do you need a different clip? Or is this a big gunsmithing job?

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All you need is a barrel and heavy bolt handle.
A 15 min job at most. If you don't have a bull barrel stock then take a look a houge's as it is both cheap and works great. Eabco has the barrel and bolt, a Shaw I believe. Use your clip.
http://www.eabco.com/hornady17hm2.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, check out what is offered for $200.00 or so on Boyd's Gunstocks web site...

The 17 Mach 2 is too spendy in my book for conversion in a 10/22.....

I take kids out shooting at the range that go thru a couple of boxes of 550 rounds per box in a couple of hours....So I have to stick with 22 LR...

Worth a look/see also....

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did the EA Brown conversion and love it!! It cost about $160 I think, but it shoots better and farther than the 22 LR by a wide margin. It is more expensive to shoot, but that just makes me plink with my Rem model 12 short and Model 24 Short...life is tough!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote