THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    6mm Remington 55 grain - fast & accurate load wanted

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Remington 55 grain - fast & accurate load wanted
 Login/Join

posted
I have a 40XB Remington and just discovered my freedom along with 55 grain bullets.

Does anyone have a load for the 6mm that is fast, accurate, and consistent?

I currently use 40.6 grains of 3031 with a 60 grain Sierra bullet; it produces 3860 fps.

I'd like to get 4200 and be able to get good groups.

Does anyone have any favorites?

posted Hide Post
I have loaded for 3 6mm's over the years every one has loved the varget load I came up with a few years ago. The book calls for 42 to 46 gr with the 55 balistic tip and I setteled on 45.4gr you just have to play with seating depths this load has been in the average of 5/8" at 200 yards for me.

Posts: 16 | Location: Western NY | Registered: 06 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted on the varmint thread where you had this same question. H 380, 50 to 53 grains will give you the desired 4000 to 4200 fps velocity range. Out of my 243s and my 6mm Remington they are all one hole shooters. ( if I am having a one hole shooting trigger finger day).

I stumbled across this, which was previously posted as over max in a lot of reload manuals.. Posting it I sure got a lot of flack, until I pointed out that the info was also posted in Nosler's Manual Number 5. The critics got quiet after that.

I think you will enjoy the accuracy of H 380. and its velocity.

cheers
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My .243 AI will shoot the 55 Nosler at over 4200 FPS with Varget but really likes a load of 46.5 gns for 4030 FPS . 50.5 gns WW760 gives about 3990 FPS . Both these loads shoot 5 into low '3s in my rifle and would be worth a look in your 6mm . Work up from below to be sure .
Don't stress if you can't get seating depth near the lands , neither can I .
A feral cat caught one of those Noslers at 390 yds this afternoon .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote