New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 60gr. barrier bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yes, 223. I tried them in my 22-250 with Varget and they show potential but weather hasn't been cooperating on the weekends so I haven't been able to get back to this caliber.

Posts: 899 | Location: South Bend, Indiana | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Is anyone getting any accurate loads using the 22cal,60gr. Barrier bullets?????? So far a couple of us are striking out two and three inch groups at 50 yds. is good!!! roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must remember the name and stay away from them.

I am having a similar problem with some bullets made here in OZ (Taipan)

Frank

Posts: 53 | Location: Bundaberg,Queensland , Australia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
YUUUUU-HUUUUUUUU--Hello. anybody out there? No data being collected on this bullet? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting 26.0 gr 748 in my VSSF. Bullets seated ten thousandths off lands in BHA match brass with CCI primers. I am getting 1/2 inch 5 shot groups. Haven't tried in my AR yet

Posts: 899 | Location: South Bend, Indiana | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
safarihunter! What cartridge?223? roger

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Roger, I haven't seen the problems you mention. With my .22-250 Savage 12BVSS, Remington or Winchester neck sized cases shaken full to the mouth and struck off level with IMR 7383 (about 35 1/2 grains) and compressed with the bullet, seated to the cannelure and crimped with a Lee Factory Crimp Die, using a CCI 200 primer, I get about 3255 FPS average and 3/4" 100 yard groups. Good enough. Change that primer to a CCI 250 just for grins, and the velocity drops about 40 FPS with the group size doubling.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
BTW, I haven't done any "load development." That's just what I had handy. I've got a few other powders that'd work (including 4895, which'd give a higher velocity and has a reputation for shooting well in the .22-250), but I've got a LOT of 7383. I've done no experimenting with seating depths. I have tried the laborious process of vibrating the case full of powder (which can get a maximum of 37.0 grains in with lots of work) and found it safe in my rifle. But the small velocity boost (~50 FPS) with no change in accuracy isn't worth all the effort. I'm no benchrest fanatic, by a long shot. This load ought to be capable of knocking over a groundhog or two.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote