THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone own an Anschutz rifle Cal.22H (1432 model)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own an Anschutz rifle Cal.22H (1432 model)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted
which bullet weight is the best for you? Which powder?

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have another question, for everybody, has been built any revolver in 22H?

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an Anschutz 1730 in the 22 Hornet. I use Sierra 40 grain Blitz Kings and either LilGun powder or Accurate 1680 with small pistol primers. Very accurate.

Joe A.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
has been built any revolver in 22H?

Taurus has its "Raging Hornet", a .22H revolver. S & W made a revolver in .22 Jet (actually a bit larger than the Hornet).

Not a revolver (but rather a pistol made out of a rejiggered shotgun) but the TC Contender is popular in Hornet. By the way, only in a world where hype and marketing reign supreme could a product like the Encore rifle -- a rifle converted from a pistol converted from a shotgun -- be considered a serious shooter.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all,
is moreor less what I remember about this beloved caliber..... I was more curious about short guns, but probably is too much a rifle caliber to generate particular interest in build revolvers with shorter barrels than the 10"
thank you all however

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the above Anchutz 1730. Mine is very accurate.
13.2 Lil gun
Fed sm pistol primer
40 berger MEF HP

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Ciao, Stefano -

Had not noticed your inquiry previously. If you are interested in handguns in that chambering, you might try searching the various auction sites for "Christy Gun Works conversion". They made a ship-load of them in the 1950's and '60s...conversions of Colt sngle-actions and Great Western single actions too. Christy's was located in Merced, California IIRC, but sold all over the world. Also sold all the parts for do-it-yourself conversions.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote