Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Kudos...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
Called Hornady today, just before they closed...

Talked to young lady in marketing...

I told her that for some reason I had managed to loose the decapping pin and expander ball for my Hornady Neck sizing die in 6mm...

She asked for my name and number and when I told her, she rattled off the rest of my contact info... so I guess I was in their data base... I verified it as current...

"Well I drop you a new assembly in the mail tomorrow..."

Me... " Great, how much do I owe you?"

Her.. " oh nothing, it is on the house..."

Thanks Hornady!!! thumb

Some companies still show the American spirit!!!

Kudos to Hornady!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
that is cool. I told Redding that I was having some runout problems with a couple of my comp seater dies. They are sending me all new seater stems, as they have redesigned them to accomodate VLD bullets and typical hunting bullets. Kudos to Hornady and Redding.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had the same treatment from Zeiss. Lost a turret cap. Wanted to by a new one. They sent a new one on the house.
Good treatment makes good, loyal customers.
Bad treatment.....???? I ignore the company.....Forever....

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered many parts from RCBS, over the years, and have never paid a cent for any of them. Great companies serving the shooters and reloaders of the world.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Re: Hornady: I just wish they would redesign their die boxes. They don't fit well on the shelf with dies from RCBS or Redding, and they fall apart on first use, if not sooner.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same from RCBS... a couple of years ago, I was somewhat 'financially constrained', so I bought Lee dies for my sons' rifles... nothing bad about them, but I didn't like the 'O' ring locking (?) thing.... previously, I've always used RCBS or Hornady for my own guns...

Emailed RCBS, told them I wanted to buy a few of their locking rings (I even explained that I wanted them so I could replace the Lee rings), they emailed back asking for my address, which I gave, and five days later, I had 8 RCBS locking rings - to my door, by airfreight (to Australia)... no charge.

On receipt, I emailed them again, and asked how much I owed.... nothing...

Can't argue with service like that - even though RCBS dies are triple the price of Lee here, I'll go with them in future.

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
My buddy bought an RCBS rockchucker kit recently. The hand primer tool was missing a part. He phoned RCBS to request a spare part. They said they could not send an individual spare part - so they sent him a complete new hand primer tool assembly by UPS. To Ireland!

I thought that was pretty decent of them.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote