New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 Swift or 224 TTH
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the difference in these two? They seem to be about the same in velocity etc. Any one have any experience with these? Is one more accurate, etc. I want to rebarrel a .308 Remington 700 to a faster .223 type of round for coyote hunting and occasional target shooting. Thanks.

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
The main difference between the 2 is that the 224/6mm (TTH) is designed with a fast 1-in-8 twist to stabilize 70-80 grain bullets. It will send them 3700-3800 fps. If they were both made with the same twist the wildcat would probably have a slight velocity edge. My .224/6mm likes the 75 grain AMAX's at 3500fps.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I believe the TTH is about 10% more capacity over the Swift. I wanted the TTH too until I realized the higher price for a wildcat chambering, dies and the fact it will (with the correct 1-8") eat normal bullets for breakfast. I'm cheap so I did the swift thing, no regrets.

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the info. Im cheap too. Just might get the 6mm Remington in a 700 VS and be happy. I have one of the 243 WSSM's on order now in the Win M70 for a walking varmiter. 6 lbs!!!. See how I like that first.

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote