THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    New Reamers For Microscopic Big game!?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Reamers For Microscopic Big game!?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

My good friend Todd Kindler, The undisputed authority on small calibers, is trying his best to get me try something more pleasant to shoot that the brain shakers I normaly fire.

So he sent me a few barrels for 12 and 14 calibers, and reamers for teh following:

12 Squirrel
14 Squirrel
14 Walker
14/221 Fireball
20 Tactical

Hopefully, after I get back from our hunt in Zimbabwe later this year, I will start on these little wonders.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Saeed,

With all due respect, am I reading this right? You have been supplied reamers and barrels and you are going to wait until "later this year" to try some of these?

Bill

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Yes sir you got that right.

It is a matter of priorities. Right now we are getting ourselves sorted out to go hunt in October. Also, most of the time I seem to be working on teh larger calibers about this time of the year.

Once our hunt is over, I generally get some time to play around with some of the little ones.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<BigBores>
posted
Hey Saeed,

When you do get around to it, how about a first project being a DGR in 12 Squirrel for hunting those "Africanized" killer bees we hear so much about?

posted Hide Post
I hope you have a good pair of tweezers to handle those little bullets!

So Saeed, now we can look forward to you loading .12 caliber bullets in Walter's .14 caliber rifles?

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I see that Walter's reputation has been spread far and wide!

He is away on some break to Spain - this is his his third holiday this year so far, and he has 2 more planned before the end of the year, including a hunting trip to Zimbabwe1

Well, as he is away, I am using this opportunity to get some work done without him screwing things up.

Last year, before we went to South Africa to hunt, he found out he could not make it with us. Also he discovered that Todd Kindler was going on his first African safari. He never met Todd, but he knows that Todd loves shooting small calibers.

Walter, as usual, decided to draw up a list of animals for Todd to shoot.

The list included:

African killer bees
Tse Tse flies
Scorpions
Wasps
Mosquitos

He said these are the only "game" animals that can be shot with the calibers Todd is always talking about.

For those of you who have watched William shoot the 577 on our Video section.

William is a friend of Walter's, and he brought him here to shoot. William asked what gun are we going to give him to shoot, and Walter said the choice is up to William.

As we have guns for mosquitos and elephants. He then got a 12 caliber bullett o show to William, and then looked around and said "there are no mosquitos here, so you have to practice for elephants"

And the results speaks for itself.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae