New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazines for Rem M541
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have found that the plastic detachable magazines for the 22 rimfire M541 seem to wear out or otherwise fail. Is there a steel replacement on the market? Anyone here have somae prob?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe remmy makes a metal one - at least they do for the 597 about $10

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've not found a steel mag for the 541.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.
It's pretty irritating that Rem can build such a nice rifle then spoil it by using a plastic magazine that fails.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i had ordered 5 from brownells one time. 3 of which had to be replaced by brownells as they spit the bullets out as fast as they could when you got 6 rounds in them

Posts: 8 | Location: Louisiana, the state I'm in | Registered: 01 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
I have found that the plastic detachable magazines for the 22 rimfire M541 seem to wear out or otherwise fail. Is there a steel replacement on the market? Anyone here have somae prob?
Try these:

M541 STEEL MAGS

I have had very bad experiences with Remington magazine fed semi-autos in the past. I would not buy one again for many reasons:
failure to feed, magazines would just "fall out" after latching in, magazines would fall apart, unable to load the full mag capacity without problems, etc. etc. Basically the rifles were junk and Remington did nothing to fix them, but kept coming out with different "improved" models.
All of them were junk.

Hopefully they have fixed the problems.

However, my old tube fed Nylon 66's (4 of 'em) shoot like a house afire!

With that said, I sure love my 10/22s!

---Mike

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the first steel magazine I've seen for the 541/580 series rifles. I have both rifles.
I also have eight Ruger 10-22's, all of the tricked out differently. Three have Hart barrels, one sporter weight and two .920's.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The flaky mags were the reason I went from my 541T to a Sako Finnfire years ago. The Sako didn't shoot any better, and extra magazines were expensive but I was just plain tired of mags failing to feed or spitting rounds. Very poor mag design for a really nice rifle.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
just checked that link and on the Rem web site its for a 597 not a 541/581 the rem 77 mags fit or so I'm told. this topic come up frequently on rimfire central. I've had no problems with my 2 mags

cheers
Reddirt

Posts: 1 | Location: N.W. Western Australia | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote