Find
Notify
Tools

223 Rem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes the best 223 Rem ammo?

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best .223 ammo? Me, of course, if I didn't I'd quit reloading.

Posts: 3809 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Best .223 ammo? Me, of course, if I didn't I'd quit reloading.

Dang!!
Ya beat me to it so I'll add only this

For my rifles, I do. No one else need apply!

BOOM

Now if I could just learn how to keep those dang crosshairs steady! jumping

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This topic was going on the RF forum but I put it on the small caliber forum by mistake.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fat_Albert,
pardon, for amusing myself at your expense.
I could not in truth answer your question as in the last 20 years and over 57 different chamberings I have not shot more than a dozen rounds of factory ammo with the exception of 22lr, 22WMR and 17HMR.
I would imagine that any of your commercial brands of Ammo would suffice for most purposes.
IIRC Black Hills does some pretty good stuff.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Black Hills does some pretty good stuff.

I'll give that a +1.
BH is just some guys like us that went Pro. Consequently their products resemble something you would get from the home press for a good value.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thing is with this round being so popular most any ammo compatible with your guns twist rate will shoot well to great.This rounds market is huge and they all want as much of it as they can get.What do you plan to use it for?

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What're you gonna use it for??

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depending on your purposes, I believe the Winchester "white box" 45-grain jacketed hollow point load is said to shoot well out of many guys' guns; at least, it did out of a friend's Tikka.