THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    My old Carl Gustav is better than I thougt.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My old Carl Gustav is better than I thougt.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted
Hi just wanted to show you how that a old riffle of unknown origin performs. I bought it from a friend who bought it in Greenland. It is a Carl Gustav M96 in 6,5x55. The stock has been replaced and the bolt handel bent, I dont know if the barrel is orginal or something else. First it did not shoot but I had it bedded and bought a new scope, A Zeiss Classic 3-12x56 a very good scope and now it shoots like this. This was a factory load from Sako 156gr soft point. Shoot from a bench with bipod and rear bag from 100 meters (109 yards).
The grid on the paper is one inch, and the group measures 8mm (1/3 Inch) from center of hole to center of hole. You have to place the bullets carefully in to the magazine, but it feeds well. The trigger has a little drag and is a little stiff, but you get used to it.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Sherpi
Nice shooting!
I am loving those old Swede's I shot another small group with mine yesterday just under .5". Look about 20 posts lower than yours and you'll see my rifle and group titled "My cheap 6.5x55 Swede project is coming along".
What are you going to hunt with yours? Mine will be a backup rifle for my son and I for Mule Deer and Elk.
Great shooting Sherpi!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
heck, yeah it's good!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner and co owner of the riffle is going to shoot reindeer this week with it (I did not get any this season). We also will shoot some goose in the highland and maybe fox.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
hey that is a pretty snazzy looking rifle there, if you like milsurps that shoot, you should also try a k31, both mine are easy sub moa with milsurp ammo, pretty good for a rifle that I paid less than $100 for

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote