New
Find
Notify
Tools

mossberg single shot rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does anyone have any input about these rifles' accuracy or other attributes??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
No, Bill, and I have been curious about them since they arrived on the scene. I've never even seen one in the flesh. I bought a TCR in 1992 so I'd have the flexibility of interchangeable barrels, then TC stopped making the barrels!! So I now have a TCR and only three barrels!! It seems to me that the Mossberg may be a bit on the heavy side, though, at around 8 pounds with no scope???

one of us
posted Hide Post
the reason i ask is that they look a lot like the Ruger, but i'm sure they must cost a lot less. however, if you get a lot less then it is not much of a deal. thanks for the input.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are they even making them? I have yet to see one, much less heard any reports on them. Anyone seeing them for sale?

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they look like Rugers, but they are a break action, not a falling block. Sometime back I bought an H&R break action ("heavy barrel varmint") in 22-250. They were supposed to be real tack drivers. Their tacks and my tacks must have been different sizes. Someone else now owns that rifle.

------------------
there's a fine line between hobby and mental illnes

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote