THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Christened the .25-06 last Sun!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christened the .25-06 last Sun!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
My .25-06 is a virgin no more! I got a really nice (for here) 4x5 with it. Using Barnes 115gr. XLC's. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BigNate_93268/10_17_9.jpg http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/BigNate_93268/10_17_17.jpg

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coyote Caller
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice one Nate!

Posts: 56 | Location: Utah | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Nate: Congratulations on the nifty trophy you took with your 25/06!
Good for you!
Our 6 week long Rifle season is about to start here in Montana this Sunday!
I can't wait!
Both my VarmintSons are away to college so alas no plans for "our" 25/06 to come out of the gun vault this season!
Many happy returns of your 25/06 harvest!
Long live the 25/06 Remington!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck !
can you tell me what powder you used to push that 115 barnes ? My Roberts likes the 100 grainreal well, and I am hoping to get a load for the 115 for my 25,06. Did the bullet do well ? my bucktook about 5 seconds to die, plenty good for me...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
TJ, I was using RL22, Rem cases and WLR primers. I can't remember the charge weight but seems to me I was a little over listed max. Seated to fit the mag box. I don't have my notes here at work.

The bullet worked fine, passed through and tore up the insides. Entry was small, exit was about an inch. I failed to place the bullet where I wanted to by several inches. I caught him across the liver and out the back/mid lung. It was a little under 350 yards & uphill at a steep angle so a little left still didn't seem to bad. I'd like to say it was because I didn't think about the wind, but my pounding heart had a lot to do with it! Big Grin

I tried Retumbo and H1000 as well. Neither shot as well. I now have more H4831sc and will try to work up a load with that.
My Roberts did very well with IMR4350,H4831, and RL19 with 100gr Nosler BT and Barnes X. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your hunt, and blooding that .25-06!

Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote