Find
Notify
Tools

New outfit....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of lofter
posted
Just hooked myself up with the Etronx 22-250. same as the varmit synthetic I believe. 26" stainless fluted barrel. Glass stock with bedding block and topped it off with a new sightron 6-24x40. The dealer also threw in 200 rounds of ammo so i'm set for a while.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why the Electronix?

And 200 rounds of ammo may last a while in PA, but for ground squirrels or Prairie dogs, that would last an easy paced DAY at best.

Enjoy the new rig !

Cheers and Good shooting
Seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello lofter,

Can you fill us in 0n the advantages of the etronix? I don't really understand the benefits, but have noticed the rifles so equiped are quite expensive. What am I gaining for my bucks? I'm sure Remington wouldn't introduce it just for the hell of it. Clue us in please. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Were I you I would set back a box or two of the original cartridges as collectors items. It might end up going the way of the 5mm rimfire and they could be quite valueable someday........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that I want one, but can you reload those? If I understand it correctly, there is a special primer that is set off by an electric charge (similar to the military 20mm Phalanx). Where do you get primers? I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
ok number 1: remington as far as I know is not going to produce any more rifles. 2: I got the rifle NIB with the ammo for $629 delivered. My local shop still wants $1100. for these. Primers are available in bulk only @ $380/5000.
The advantage is no moving parts except cycling the bolt and lock time is instantaneous. And the trigger is adjustable without going to a smith. I have seen others at gunbroker for as little as $589. But I figured the ammo alone was worth $250 ez so I took the deal in a heartbeat. Oh and seafire...200 groundhogs is a great yr for me so I figured I get a free yr of shooting. Besides I have so many other projects to work on I may not ever need ammo for this.
6.5/284...284 heavy bbl....264 win mag heavy barrel...6mm rem ruger 1B....and a .243 mauser custom.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you gonna buy 5000 primers and 500 in new brass? Just curious. Like one of the other guys said, I would set as much of that factory ammo back as possible and just reload my own from the beginning. Anyway, Congrats on the new rig. Sounds like ya scored on the ammo. I have too many .22-250's as is so the thought of me going down that road is not gonna happen, although it is tempting. Also Is everthing else the same as traditional .22-250's i.e. report, recoil(if you could call it that), accuracy?

Thanks DuB

Posts: 52 | Location: North Central, MO | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lofter: I would have jumped on your deal in a second myself! Good for you! Please let us know how it shoots! I may just look into the Gunbroker site for a deal myself. Please E-mail me if you have any tips!
Good luck accuracy wise with your new Remington! Is the battery that operates this Rifle a common type?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy@aol.com

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Distributors are cuttin' em loose!!!! 5mm was probably a bigger success! I hope yours shoots like a houseafire and you are tickled! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the idea has some merit. A big part of benchrest accuracy seems to be in controlling harmonics, so it would seem that a really guilt edged rifle might benefit from not having a vibration at trigger pull caused by the blow of the firing pin. I would really like to see a top-notch benchrest rifle builder put together an etronix 6mm PPC. Such a rifle could at least be able to validate or invalidate the concept.

John

Posts: 101 | Location: The Big Country | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
If it ever stops raining here i'll get ya a range report. As far as reloading goes everything is the same as conventional ammo except the primers.Oh yeah VarmitGuy the battery is a standard 9 volt. And believe it or not one comes with the gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the rebarreled 6Br EtronX I built. 6BR Etronix Photo Album

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RoyB: What a beautiful Rifle! Thanks for posting the great picture! How does it shoot?

I had to have a 6mm BR custom made for myself on an XP-100 action. I could not get a factory Remington 40XB-KS in 6mm BR after 2+ years of trying! So I went custom made. Mine is a single shot and is very accurate. It performs really well in the Varmint Fields as well as at the range! I had mine throated short for the Nosler 55 gr. Ballistic Tips and it shoots those well but it really likes the Euber 68 gr. HP's.

I have a Leupold 8.5X25 scope on mine.

Good luck with yours. Can't wait to hear how yours shoots!

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
still haven't shot it yet but found a batch of 800 primers. Now I have a new 204 that I want to play with too. Too many guns and so little time.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I bought one too back when they got cheap. It shoots great but I got it for a very special project. Mine will be rebarreled in .308/8" twist and fitted with a good quality supressor. When you shoot subsonic with absolutely no lock noise you are in game-management heaven.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote