New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rem 22-250
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do you know the model? That would help quite a bit. Sounds like a good deal so far.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it have a floorplate?? with=BDL w/o=ADL. BDL is the higher grade of the 700. My concern would be throat erosion.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information guys. It does not have a floor plate. I am not to familiar with Remington rifles. It actually looks as tho it has never been fired. I know that is not the case but it has been shot very little. The guy has 10 rounds of a 20 round box. I do not think I need to worried about the throat. I read here alot but hardly ever post. Again thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: Portsmouth, Ohio | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it was me, I would pass it up. You can buy a brand new one that's under warranty for that or less. However, if you are dead set on this one, I'd ask him if you can at least shoot it first. 10-15 rounds through it should give a good indication of what you can expect.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll be buying a new one for that kind of money. I have my FFL and dealers cost is around $450 for a BDL. You can buy a 700 ADL with Tupperware stock for $350 dealer cost and the innards are the same. I bought myself one of these in 223 and have been totally satisfied. The blue is matte and there is no floorplate (BFD!) but it shoots as well as any other 700 I have owned......and that is a pile. Nice thing about the el cheapo version is, I don't worry about dinging it up. Just a great utility tool that shoots bugholes.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, so its a ADL. As posted, nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't happen to have all the whistles and bells of the BDL but is the same basic rifle. Is the checkering cut or impressed? Do you get a scope as part of the deal?
I think you're right at the edge of new so any "sweetner" the seller throws in might be the difference.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, the synthetic stocked version is cheaper. However, I went to gunbroker.com to get a comparison of prices and there are some comparable prices to the one he is looking at that come with scopes. I'm not saying "don't buy it", that's his choice. Only that it's an ok deal, nothing special. Now if he dropped $50-$75 off the price, I would think twice.

posted Hide Post
Agreed that it is right on the line of new price. I went to guns of america and the prices are about the same. The action that you are getting is very good it doesn't matter if ADL or BDL. If you are just looking due to the price I would probably pass. If you really want that 22-250 it's your money. Just remember it is a used gun shot 10 times or 100 times and if you go to sell it you will probably not get what you paid for it.

Posts: 5 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: 08 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the info. I really enjoy this site and the willingness of help when ask for. It does have a scope(Bushnell 3 x 9) and one-piece mounts, (possibly Redfield mounts. I got it for a little less then $400.00 with 10 rounds of ammo. Not the best deal in the world but I do like the rifle and I helped a friend out...Christmas I guess. THANKS All and Merry Christmas to all.

Posts: 5 | Location: Portsmouth, Ohio | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You've got a Rem.700, and that's one of the better rifles produced in the U.S. I don't think you'll go wrong
with it as described. The .22-250 is also one of the better small calibers. I've been using one on
woodchucks for years, and am quite satidfied with it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 700 action will run you $350.00 or so, If it is a bummer, you can get your money out of it or have a great platfrom to build anything from 22-250 up that will fit in a short action. Scrub the heck out of that barrel and buy some dies, sounds like you are set and got a decent deal. My 22-250 has alot of throat errosion and it still shoots 2-3s with 5 shots. You can always get the barrel set back for about $150.00 If you neeed the floor plate they sell a BDL conversion kit for less than $100.00. I would put the money into bigger glass