Find
Notify
Tools

Re: which .243??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of sako
posted
I say go with the tikka! As you say you own one and seem to like it so at least you know what you get there!

Regards

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not choose the T3 Varmint Stainless over the T3 Lite Stainless if your after a varmint rifle.

Posts: 318 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 700 VLS that shoots like crazy! I installed a Jewell trigger, and 1-hole groups (5 shots) are not uncommon when I do my part. It loves 75 grain V-Maxes and 85 grain Sierras.
Regards, George.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage or the Coyote

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have BRNO ZKK 601 in .243 that was made in 1993 but I got it new in the box late last year. I have only put about 75 rounds through it, mostly at paper, although I shot a Sika hind with it when I first got it. It is very accurate, well, for me that is, if I can get under an inch at 100 yards then I am pleased, and I am pleased. I only have BRNO or CZ rifles and cannot fault them. I have just taken custody of a CZ American in 6.5X55 have not had a chance to fire it yet, but I will...............

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is your price range?

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
Ruger Varmit with the composite stock and heavy taper bbl.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Why not choose the T3 Varmint Stainless over the T3 Lite Stainless if your after a varmint rifle.

Sound advise there divr6347!
Tested one few weeks ago chambered in 6,5-284(originaly a 6,5-55) and the damn thing shoots as good as my sako 75 varmint 6,5-55 wich costs twice as much as the tikka!!

Quote:

only problem there is that they say to use factory ammo in it and tikka doesnt make factory ammo so whose is the best to use in one

I have never used factory ammo in my t3 lite 300win mag and i see no reason you should not use your reloaded ammo in it just as in any other rifles!

Regards Ben
Iceland

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My top choices for a .243 varmint rifle in order of preference would be:

1. Savage 12BVSS
2. Remington 700 VLS
3. Tikka T3
4. Howa 1500

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote