New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning B-78
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought a Browning B-78 Low wall in 6mm. Does anybody have any experience with these as far as value, accuracy, ect?

Posts: 1542 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
I've only had two of them. An octagon barreled 243Win and a round 25-06. Both were VERY accurate and I much prefer the B-78 to various No 1's I've had. I liked the stock design better,as well as the trigger.

Both were stolen and still sorely missed. They fit me well and were a joy to shoot.

Value is soooo subjective,that I couldn't offer much input there. I don't have the newest Blue Book as a ballpark reference either. $600-$800 seems to be the numbers I most often see in GunList,for the B-78's in differing condition.

They are a hell of a nice rifle in my opinion...............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Al,
Just sent ya an e-mail.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Al,
I have several B78s and my 22-250rem is accurate (.5" @ 100yds) even with a factory trigger. I enjoy mounting old Unertl and Fecker scopes on them. It has the classic look of the old style Winchester 1885 falling block target rifles. Does your B78 in 6mm have an octagon or round barrel?
Going rate for a B78 is about $850 on Gunsamerica.com. Some people want $1200 for new in the box engraved models. But they are just gun vault queens.
Larry

[ 11-29-2002, 02:12: Message edited by: Varminteer ]

Posts: 72 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote