THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    CZ 527 Varmint OWNERS PLEASE READ

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 Varmint OWNERS PLEASE READ
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A good friend of mine is looking at one of these as his first target/varmint rifle. Looks like a heck of a gun for the money in the laminate or HS Precision stock. How accurate is yours? Any problems? THANK YOU

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Not exactly the same but if it's any helpm, my new 527 carbine in 7.62x39 was shooting UMC ammo into 1" groups yesterday with a crappy bushnell scope. The guy next to me had a .223 version and was shooting more like 3/4" groups. I'd imagine the target barrel would perform at least as well.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
My new CZ American Classic .222 is not the varmint but it will shoot 100yd. 3/8" to 1/2" 5 shot groups all day long with the right loads. So far for long term shooting the reduced Blue dot loads have been exellent.Other loads have been great but I don't have enough experience with them to know how they are affected by long use barrel heating. Of course this is a really light weight rifle. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Varmint from Jkob here on this board. He said it would go under .5 MOA with the right load. I'm not done testing yet but it looks he was right.
Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the walnut stocked varmint .223. With most 50 and 55 grain commercial loads, it does .75 moa or better. It did not like the long 68 grain Sierra Match loaded rounds even with the 9" twist. Seeing as this is a varmint gun, I don't see that as much of a problem. The best commercial I had was with Hornady 50 gr. Vmax from a local outfit (J&J Milwaukee) that grouped a measured .78" @ 200 yards.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Mine shoots Winchester White Box stuff in under an inch at 100 yds. It will do better with V-Max. It is my "go to" gun around the ranch. I wrap the barrel in camo tape to keep it from getting beat up and drive on. CZ's in any persuasion are great guns. Try it, you will like it.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been able to look at the 527 rifle in .223 and the 527 varmint with laminate stock in .223 side by side. The varmint version has a noticably shorter length of pull than the 527 regular rifle. Any ideas as to why this would be so?

The CZ varmint version in 22-250 is much more massive and has a normal length of pull.

Thanks

Jim

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Varmint Laminate and it's favorite load (oddly enough for a 1 in 9 twist) is a 40 grain Blitz King, second favorite is the 50 Sierra SP. Average groups are just under to just over a half, it has on occasion put 5 40 grain BK's into one little tiny hole. I purchased this .223 to replace a Remington Varmint Synthetic I turned into a Tactical .20, the CZ is considerably more accurate than the Remington was as a factory rifle.
Yes Jim the pull is short, I used that point to act like it was keeping me from buying the rifle, the guy dropped the price and threw in a Pachmayer Decelorator. The short pull hasn't bothered me since, haven't even put on the pad.
This is one of the most accurate rifles for the money I've ever purchased, love the set trigger.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote