Find
Notify
Tools

New used Calhoon for me
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well gents

I stumbled upon a deal I just could not pass by. A 527 American converted to 19 cal, with 400 brass, 1000 Calhoon bullets, Forster die set, 2 lbs AA1680 and cleaning kit. Rifle is 3 years old with very nice walnut under the stainless barrel.
Talked to Montdoug at great length last evening about it, just to confirm that it should be a great shooting cartridge.
Any of you fellows out there shooting a Calhoon?
Regards Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No,
have thought about doing it for years,but haven't got around to it, keep getting distracted. 17's and 20 but no 19. Any number of positive write-ups in both VHA and small caliber news in the past. The late Don Lewis doted on the 19's.
Drop me a PM if you get tired of it, or disinterested.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GWB

The nightmare that exits of getting rifles from private ownership both north and south of the 49th parallel makes it more than some what difficult, not to mention expensive. So I
ll be hanging on to this one for quite some time
Regards Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10/4 there guy, I wasn't paying attention to your 20. I'm sure you will enjoy the rifle. Chances are it was smithed by Calhoon. Cz's in my experience are excellent shooters. I love the small calibers. Yours certainly should be a shooter. Post pix of the results of both range sessions and game.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I'm not shooting one....but not due to lack of desire...

sounds like you have a great find there...

enjoy it well!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
never had one, but calhoons reputation is certainly good. only problem might be in getting bullets in the future, may want to stock up on some xtras now

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
never had one, but calhoons reputation is certainly good. only problem might be in getting bullets in the future, may want to stock up on some xtras now

Thought about that, but the pkg includes 1000 projectiles so i should be good for a while. Have to look into getting some more across the border, some how?
Thanks Greg

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
That is a quite a drive down from Edmonton...

but you can stop in Havre...load up on about 10000 and then when you hit the border in some isolated spot, and they ask do you have anything to declare... just respond..." I don't think so..eh?" thumb

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:

but you can stop in Havre...load up on about 10000 and then when you hit the border in some isolated spot, and they ask do you have anything to declare... just respond..." I don't think so..eh?" thumb

Good one Johnny

I am planning a trip next may to go and visit Mr Steiner in Montana, wonder how many I can shove up my ass before it will start to hurt??

Regards Greg

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fasteel:
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:

Good one Johnny

I am planning a trip next may to go and visit Mr Steiner in Montana, wonder how many I can shove up my ass before it will start to hurt??

Regards Greg

I'd take a liberal along with you Greg....

then you can let them shove it up THEIR ass instead...

would be much more appropriate.. Big Grin