New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 Question...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Q. Did CZ produce a 550 in Short Action AND Long Action configurations, or just a one-size-fits-all, unless you were in 550Magnum length cartridges territory?

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Off_Shore:
Q. Did CZ produce a 550 in Short Action AND Long Action configurations, or just a one-size-fits-all, unless you were in 550Magnum length cartridges territory?

Thanks!

No short actions.

Posts: 91 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 15 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No short actions but I believe they use Detachable Magazines in Short action caliber .243 win and 308 win.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
CZ 527 are short actions.

Jiri

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks!

As far as I know magnum & medium size only. The medium is .30-06 length.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bottom line, for me, it that no one makes a 1-piece bottom metal, a 3 position safety, or a replacement trigger like those made for the 550M.

Thanks for this information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bottom line, for me, it that no one makes a 1-piece bottom metal, a 3 position safety, or a replacement trigger like those made for the 550M.

Have you checked with Wayne at AHR? I'm pretty positive he builds his Big Game rifle on the 30-06 action and does his own 3pos safety and single stage trigger for it.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon.Gleason:
quote:

Have you checked with Wayne at AHR? I'm pretty positive he builds his Big Game rifle on the 30-06 action and does his own 3pos safety and single stage trigger for it.

No, but I'll follow-up on your suggestion.

I did exchange an email with Duane Wiebe who advised if he had access to a CZ550 action. he'd take a look at what would be involved in producing a 1-piece bottom metal.

I've had Jim Wisner's 'pocket' plate and replaced it with Duane Wiebe's CZ550M 1-piece bottom metal when it first came out. Both exceptional and quality accessories. IIRC, RIP picked-up the CZ trigger guard with the Wisner plate for his 500 MOGOMBO.

Thanks again and I'll advise of my findings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all of the emphasis on AHR's CZ based DGR rifles (and my own 550M build) I had categorized their accessories as limited to that market. I was greatly mistaken and am happy to stand corrected.

Wayne of AHR response:

"We do make the single stage trigger for the standard-sized CZ 550, which is a little different than the magnum trigger, and our three-position safety will fit both actions as well as the BRNO 600, 601, and 602. We make a single stage trigger for the BRNO also.

Regards,

Wayne Jacobson

American Hunting Rifles, Inc."

Now, about that one piece bottom metal...