THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .204 Ruger is it worth fooling with?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.204 Ruger is it worth fooling with?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I usually only fool with 338 and up rifles.I guess this would be a good play toy.I like the speed its says it going to produce.Is the brass out yet?I have only seen one 204 ruger for sale a 204 in #1 stainless.I want a all weather 77 Ruger in it.I see only the light weight in 204 Ruger with 20 inch barrel is made.I dont want blued with wood or the heavy varmit gun.What speed would this thing fly out of a 20" barrel.I wanted a 24" stainless but they dont make that one.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it will be a good round!

I haven't seen the ammo yet, but from what I've heard, most of the fussing and customizing has already been done! The cases are already blown out (AI'd), so that saves us a lot of reaming of chambers and reloading dies!

Ruger is scheduled to chamber 5 different model rifles for the 204 Ruger and Thompson Center is scheduled to make Encore barrels in this caliber!

At least one of the Rugers is supposed to have a 26 inch barrel and you can get a 26 inch barrel for the Encore!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote