Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3 6.5x55
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
Well, I want to thank all the owners who replied back to my PM's, consensus is they shoot like a house afire, so as soon as I get 're-employed, my company just made the final downsizing....' I will see about getting one.

For a rifle with an 8 twist, as I want, it will be a good test vehicle if anything for the money. One guy in New Zealand I believe has a stainless, another a T3 varmint, not sure if they are available in the states, but my shop has a blue/walnut that may find a new home.

My #1 custom pac-nor 6BR shoots .5 moa or better, heck I shot 3 in .498 at 330 yds the last time out, and a raccoon did not like it when he ran into a 105 amax at 2815, 168 yds.....and my friend is making sure it is getting cooked, so not to waste, but it seems like these Tikka's shoot amazingly well for the money. I would spend almost that much to rebarrel an action, so I think it is a good value myself, given a sweet Sako barrel. If Savage still made the 260 tactical I would get one, but they discontinued the caliber.

Again, thanks Tikka owners for sharing.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. The New Zealand bloke has a 6.5x55 T3 Light in stainless and tupper.

Sorry to hear about the downsizing.
Good luck for the future.
wave

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
thanks, is hunting 'in season' at this time there?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6.5BR:
thanks, is hunting 'in season' at this time there?

There is no closed season in New Zealand. You might find this hard to believe and more difficult to understand but deer are classed as vermin here. Frowner
The New Zealand Green Brigade are as mad as Hatters! homer

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I need to do some NZ varmint hunting!