New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84M results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot my Kimber 84M in .243 for the first time today. AWESOME! I mounted a 2-7 Leupold on it, it seems a perfect match. Anyway, after getting the scope adjusted, my first 3 shot group was just over 3/4 inch. 5 quick shots opened the group up to 1.5, but it was always under an inch for 3. I was kind of skeptical about Kimbers but I am very satisfied. The bolt travel was a little rough, but it is smoothing up very nicely (nothing a couple days of cycling in front of the tv can`t handle). The trigger is the best factory trigger I`ve ever used other than my Dad`s old 721. It breaks like an icicle at 2.5 pounds, the way it came from the factory. The wood is absolutely outstanding. All in all, I`m extremely satisfied with the little rifle.

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new toy! Nice to hear somebody picking up a worthwhile factory rifle! Enjoy.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. The Kimbers are head and shoulders above 90% of the factory rifles out there. The rough bolt travel seems to be a common thread, as well as a "sticky" safety. Other than that, they are wonderful in form and function.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought two of them. The bolt on the woodstock one is a bit sticky. The other is the new stainless Montana. What a difference. The stainless bolt is slick as owl poop. Accuracy with both is excellent. The woodstock with 2.5X8 Leupold weighs seven pounds. The Montana with same setup weights six and a half pounds. The trigger is excellent and easy to adjust. Here is a pic.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I showed the Kimber 84M Classic I have been talking about here to a very knowledgeable rifleman. He had been shopping for a lightweight. He worked my bolt and said that "this is not like the ones I tried". My bolt was not all that smooth at first and with just the right lube it's worked into as sweet a CRF as there is.

There is more to this and not every rifle is the same. Kimber stands behind what they make/made.

If you want a lightweight with Mauser features and pillars etc the Kimber has a niche. Their Montana stocked 84's are a class by themselves. One might have to go to NULA to get a competative product and even then it would not have the features the Kimber has.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Drool, drool, drool. I want an 8400 Montana in 270 WSM in the worst way . Then I want a sheep hunt in Alaska to go with it . Great brace of rifles BTW.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote