Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17HH
 Login/Join

posted
My CZ 527 in 17hh is my first centerfire and my first dive into reloading. I'm trying to develope two loads. Max for foxes and long range rabbits and a low load for quietness. Is it possible to get a load down to subsonic? I know I'll probably have to use something like Trail Boss and a big bullet.
I'm not yet ready for proper developing but I was out with a friend on Sunday and he asked for the Chrony. I put three try it loads through the Chrony and knowing how scarce 17hh load data is I thought I'd post it here.

17grain vmax 9.0 grain lilgun 3623fps

20grain vmax 9.0 grain lilgun 3207Fps

20grain vmax 9.1 grain lilgun 3613fps

The first one was the 17gr Vmax that Hornady uses in their HMR.

I think it was the third shot I shot the Chrony F1 CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi toxo! Welcome to Accurate Reloading. I personally do not know anything about the 17 HH, but if you post in the reloading section I bet someone can help you out.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My current best is

25grain Berger 10 grains of 1680 loaded long.

Fun gun I have shot mine a great deal. They are just "handy" rifles. I also like watching Pdogs tipping over in the scope, no recoil. Maybe not dramatic kills, but adequate.

Let us know if you find that ultra accurate load with Lilgun, and be careful of pressure. I have read stories of reaching max+ quickly. Look at you velocity jump with 10th of a grain increase.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. wasn't aware I'd come out of reloading. Getting ditzier every day. Will get on over there.

I'm loving mine Slim. Don't know about non dramatic. Shot a rabbit on Sunday bou 140yds and there was just a crater where most of his head should've been.

LilGun is all I've got until my van comes back from the shop. They've only had it a month Grrr.
Will be trying other powders but in the meantime I'm checking everything twice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lil gun is a bit volatile is 17 hornets. 1680 is the powder of choice here.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote