Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Charles Daly Mini-Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hm2:

Could you give us an assessment of the quality of the Charles Daly in the small action. I am very curious. The price is certainly right. How is fit and finish and general metal work? The original Mini-Mark 10 barreled action which was offered a few years back had a very unique barrel steel as I recall---a very high chromium content that was quite accurate.
Have you any experience with the accuracy of this new Charles Daly product.

Thanks for fielding all my questions.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are really nice actions. The one I have on hand is scheduled to be barreled with an E R Shaw C/M, 22" half round/half octagon and chambered for the 6.5 Rem BR. The stock arrived last Friday, a Richards Microfit #102 Old Classic with the shadow line cheekpiece, California Claro A-Fancy. Beautiful piece of wood with good color and a fair amount of 'fiddle-back'. Waiting on the barrel and need to order the reamer after the first of the year! Will have a 13" LOP and destined to be used by my nieces and nephews as their first deer rifle. Gonna be a real joy to put this one together.

Ol' John

Posts: 111 | Location: Hondo, Texas 78861 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jordan,
the two actions only were nicely finished in the white and they were tight and smooth. the complete rifle that i got for my customer wasn't my style. i like wood and blued steel, but not the high gloss and monte carlo stock. be that as it may, i must say that the finish was well done but the wood is heavily stained.the inletting was decent. the bluing is nice and the action is real tight and smooth. it took some doing to adjust the trigger to "good", it isn't a jewell. i don't believe it has been shot yet so i haven't heard how it is.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote