New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6.5x55?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a friend in Mo. that loads 50 grains of RL-22 in his Swedish M96 rifles with no pressure signs. I own two M96's, one 38 Husky and one Tweed. In the three Swedish actioned rifles I load 46.3 grains of RL-22 and 140 grain bullets. In my Tweed lets just say I'm a little over 50 grains of RL-22 with no problems. The loads at 48 grains should be ok in the Tweed.

Posts: 30 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I found the 140-grain Sierra PSPBT to be a pretty tough bullet at 6.5X55 speeds. I used it on New Mexico mulies that weighed in the vicinity of 250-300 pounds, and got pass-thrus. In my Norwegian Krag andd M 94 Swedish Mauser carbine, I found 46 grains of the old H4831 to be about a max. load....

48 grains of Re22 with the Sierra 140 might be OK in a 6.5X55 made on a modern strong action, but I'd think it'd be pretty hot for an old Mauser. But if you worked up from, say 44 grains, you'd be able to determine if your gun would handle the load safely.