THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    New here, and a new owner of a CZ

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New here, and a new owner of a CZ
 Login/Join

posted
Just wanted to say hey, and thanks for all of the information on this forum.

I made a trip to the local gun shop to see what was going on. I had planned on buying a Savage model 40 varmint hunter, but I heard that they won't be available for awhile. So taking some of the great info from this forum, I picked up a CZ 527 in .223 rem instead. Haven't had a chance to try it out, but I'm hoping for clear skies this weekend

Posts: 7 | Location: Va | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome Sammy! I'm a repeat offender in the CZ department. Lot of firearm for the money, keep us posted how it shoots.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the Savage too and got the CZ instead. The weather here has broken into the 30's for the first time in many weeks so I'll be range bound this weekend. I would have given the Savage a try but they said it would not have the accu-trigger just the standard. This is my second 527 and when I saw the dealer could get me one of the varmint model with the walnut stock, I jumped at it. You are going to love the set trigger.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ's cost money in the long run because you will need to buy heaps more of them, I have 5 now and it is not enough

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, got some sunny weather these past few days, so I took the CZ varmint laminate to the range. After zeroing at 100 yds, I was consistently shooting half inch and less groups. I love it!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Va | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote