New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifles, inc.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering having Lex Webernick build me a rifle in .284 or 6.5x284. Anybody have any experience with Rifles, inc. thx

Posts: 88 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read many articles of his work and the craftsmanship and accuracy of his guns is reportedly excellent. If I had the money I would not hesitate a minute in buying one.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes he is good.You will be happy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't remember if it's Webernick[sic] or another one, but if asked what bullet you plan on shooting, tell him the heaviest. Otherwise, there's a chance you'll get a slow-twist barrel.

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
One in 6.5-284 would be sweet!!

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leftcoast,

I have a custom M-70 Lightweight from Rifles Inc. Caliber is 7mm Rem Mag, 24" stainless Lilja bbl, all metal was finished in a Teflon matte black.

Wonderful rifle, the most consistently accurate rifle in my battery. Shoots .5 Moa with a variety of 150 and 160 grain bullets, and has shown promise with limited testing of 175gr partitions.

If I were limited to one rifle for all my hunting in North America, this would be the last rifle left in the safe.

My only complaint is the stock used by Rifles. A top notch lightweight synthetic for sure, but lacks checkering. Where I hunt it rains quite a bit, I prefer a checkered stock for the simple reason that its less slippery.

I rectified the situation by sending the rifle to Hill Country Rifle for one of their "Bridges" McMillan Edge lightweights.

The rifle weighs 7lb 12 oz loaded, with a Leupold 3.5x10 in Talley lightweight mounts.

I've long considered having Lex build another in either .300 Win Mag or .416 Rem Mag.

If I can answer any questions feel free to PM me.

Doug

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
I been thinking about having him do a 300 Weatherby for me on an M-70 Action. I been keeping that one on the back burner if you will do to slow economic's in my profession.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Either 2 or 3 guys Hunted with us that had rifles lightened and tuned by Rifles, Inc. Very impressive and well done.

They did mention they got "what they wanted". Not sure if that meant Lex provided exactly what "they asked for" or if what he provided just happened to be what they wanted. But I believe it was specifically what they requested.

Considerable difference between the GunSmiths that provide "what you ask for" and those that make what "the GunSmith wants". I'm only interested in the first type.

If I wanted something lighter than a M7, I'd have Rifles, Inc. on my short list.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote