Find
Notify
Tools

new to me 17 mach IV???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
traded into a push feed m70 chambered in this yesterday...looking at cartridges of the world, it's very similar to the 17 fireball.... I got 2 of factory 17 fireball ammo with the trade... its gonna be an interesting rifle, as I'm used to bigger stuff... supposed to be a douglas barrel, unknown maker... bore looks good... anybody else got 1???... thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had a Remington 700 chambered for the
Mach IV since the early 1990's. Heavy barrel and a Canjar single set trigger.
great for out to 300 yds.. Past 200 yds they just fall over dead, no graphic deaths just dead.
My rifle likes the Hornady 20 gr. v-max ran just under 3900 f/s. At 100 yds you can cover ten shots with a quarter.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jimatcat,

Your M70 is the first I've heard of, in 17 Mach IV. Maybe you could post a pic??

17's are kinda my thing......so here's a pic of one of my Mach IV's. It's a custom Sako L461 actioned rifle, built in the mid 1960's.

Kevin

Posts: 412 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote