New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 cm upgrade
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Ruger American in 6.5cm. Love the caliber but the gun is a POS. It won't feed more than half the time despite experimenting with OAL and am on my third clip, with no improvement. It is essentially a singe shot bolt action. It is very accurate and virtually recoil free but it ugly as home made sin. Any suggestions for a step up that won't break my back financially?

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sauer 100

This is an awesome gun and value.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Call Ruger and about the feeding issues. Their customer service department is very responsive.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about a Tikka? Anyone have an opinion, review of them?

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend has the Tikka CTR I think it's called. He loves the rifle. I have another friend with a 260 in the T3 lite. Both of them can't say enough good about their guns.

I have a Ruger American in 308Win. I've also been having issues with feeding. I was told the 450 Bushmaster magazine will solve my feeding issues. I haven't tried it yet but i'm going to order one.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
phone calls are cheap I'd be up Ruger's ass about it.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
A young man that hunts with us bought a Tikka in 6.5 CM.
I'm very impressed with its out of the box accuracy, nice handy and light as well.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Tikka T3X Ultralight in 6.5CM and its an impressive gun. Shoots half MOA or better with Berger Hybrid hunting bullets.

But in terns of your Ruger... Ruger has awesome customer service and I've sent back rifles to them twice where they completely gave me a new gun. One was an American in .22 mag that had feeding issues and the other was a Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle that had a slightly warped receiver and the action was really rough. In both instances they gave me a new gun and had it back in my hands in less than a week. Both rifles have been flawless and my Gunsite Scout Rifle shoots as well as my Steyr Scout Rifle and that is saying a LOT! They even sent me a pre-paid shipping label so it didn't cost me a dime either way. I didn't have to fight or argue...they took care of it no problem and where a pleasure to deal with.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you mean 6.5mm. 6.5 cm is light artillery

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
6.5 CM is an abbreviation for the Creedmore.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R. Gunn:
What about a Tikka? Anyone have an opinion, review of them?

No better rifle on the market than a Tikka T3 for the money. Very accurate out of the box. Would replace the supplied rings with some quality Leupold.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any of the fine custom gunmakers that occupy this forum can likely fix the issues. Boyds has decent wood stocks cheap if you want to go that route. Tikka is accurate and probably feeds better but you still have the ABS plastic stock.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Blooming Grove, Tx. | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote