Notify
Tools

New Ultra light Arms owners
 Login/Join

posted
Curious if you went with the Timney or Jewell trigger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jewell is a much better trigger. after that is probably shilen. If it were me id go the Jewell.

not that i own a ultra light arms.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started with a Timney and later had Mel swap in the Jewell. Worth every penny especially in a light weight rifle.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
jt-
which one did Mel build for ya. I got him working on a .260 Rem for me. It's been about 6 weeks and I still have some time to go but sure getting excited. I have a Jewell in a 700 and like it but was just curiuos as to what others have done as far as triggers go in Mel's rifles. Thanks for your reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a left handed Model 24 in 30-06 built in 2002. The Jewell is set to break at 2#. I was unhappy with the Timney mainly due to creep and inconsistant break. The Timeny is but a glorified stock 700 trigger.

I have also replaced every stock 700 trigger in the 3 that I own with Jewell's. My 338 WM, 25-06' and the NULA all break at 2#. The .22-250 breaks at 1.5# . This provides a consistant trigger pull across the spectrum of rifles.

Since you have already experienced what the Jewell trigger feels like, it is even crisper in the NULA. The Timney felt like a stock Remington 700 trigger. The Jewell is even better in the NULA than the 700, although I think it is the same trigger model.

Accuracy and confidence improved with the Jewell. The NULA is a great rifle but it is light. Having a consistant trigger break will aid in making the shot while the cross hairs are over the vitals.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have two NULA with Jewell triggers. One is a center fire and the other is a rimfire. The sear spring in the rimfire has broken twice. Each time I sent the trigger back to Jewell for repair and in about a year and half later the spring would break again. It has only been a few months since the last repair so I'll see what happens in another year of use. The rimfire is shot much more than the centerfire. Jewell says it is design problem with the rifle. NULA says the design problem is with the springs.

Posts: 27 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote