Tools

What is the 6,5 Creemdor ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I saw that Ruger is offering several medels in this caliber....bewildered

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is a .30 TC necked down to 6,5mm.
it is basicly the same as a .260 Rem

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
essentially the performance of the 260 Rem in a different package..

only if you have to have something 'exotic' to impress your buddies..

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen,

Where I can find more info about it ??
Reloading data, etc ?

So it's possible to kill pigs with it ??

Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady has the ammo on their website.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 6.5 Creedmoor could be described as a .260 Rem. modified with a 0.11-inch shorter case, a sharper 30-degree shoulder, and less body taper. Full case capacity of the Creedmoor is 52.1 grs. of water, compared to 54.4 grs. for the .260 Rem. (both measurements taken using new, unfired cases). When match bullets are seated to 2.800-inch overall length (OAL) in both cartridges, however, the deeper bullet intrusion into the Remington case reduces the difference in effective capacity to only about 0.7 gr.

Current specifications for the 120-gr. A-MAX load are 44.5 grs. of H4350 powder, a Fed. 210M primer and 2.720-inch OAL for 3020 f.p.s. muzzle velocity. For the 140-gr. A-MAX, they are 41.9 grs. of H4350, a Fed. 210M primer and 2.80-inch OAL for a muzzle velocity of 2820 f.p.s. Velocities were measured in 28-inch barrels. The OAL of the 120-gr. load is shorter than that of its 140-gr. sibling to accommodate the lighter bullet's fatter ogive, which requires deeper seating in the case to prevent contact with the rifling.

Reamers for the cartridge are made for Hornady by Pacific Tool & Gauge. By standardizing chamber and throat dimensions, Hornady can produce factory 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition capable of consistent performance in any rifle chambered for it....

Download PDF of Full Article »
Send to Friend

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much vines !!!

L

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here you go Lorenzo.

6.5-creedmoor

6.5-creedmoor-260-done-right

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Here you go Lorenzo.

6.5-creedmoor

6.5-creedmoor-260-done-right

Beat me to it! I just finished reading these articles last week, both very informative.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Big Grin both excellent reads huh?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a Creedmoor:

Here's some loaded ammo:

Here's how they shoot:

Mis-marked though...powder was RL-17

Mine is a dedicated target rifle. I think one in a sporter/hunting configuration would be great.

Mine outperforms the .260 Rem by at least 150 fps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the creedmoor intended to be used in the AR platform ?

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was developed by Hornady in conjunction with Creedmoor Shooting Sports to be used as an Across the Course competition cartridge. They wanted a little shorter overall length than the .260 so that they could seat the 142 grain Sierra MK into the magazines that were made for 2.800 oal cartridges and still get them close to the rifling. Hornady of course wanted to market them as a hunting, etc. cartridge.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Big Grin both excellent reads huh?

U betcha!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote