THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Kimber 84M Pro Varmint 22-250 ???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84M Pro Varmint 22-250 ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of moki
posted
I just put my name onto a Kimber 84M Pro Varmint in 22-250.

Has anyone had any experience with this rifle?

It is an awesome looking and fairly expensive rifle are they worth the expense? Do you get what you pay for?

Thanks for any thoughts

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 84M SVT (223 Rem). It is a good rifle. The overall quality is above regular production guns. Trigger is like a Timney. Barrel quality is good. The stock design on the ProVarmint is Classically shaped. You won't be disappointed.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comment but the weirdest thing happened today that has made me have to change my mind on the Kimber.

About 22 years ago my Grandfather gave me a Ruger M77 rifle chambered in 308 Win I found that I hardly ever used it so I had a gunsmith rebarreled it too 22-250.

After a lot of work to the rifle including getting the action bedded and the trigger adjusted I was able to get 100 yard groups of 1/2" or less repeatedly with 36grs IMR4064 and Sierra 55gr bullets.

Over the next few years I shot hundreds of gophers, dozens of coyotes and about 15 Sitka Blacktail deer with this rifle/cartridge combo.

About 14 years ago a buddy of mine started to beg and plead with me to sell the rifle to him so about 12 years ago I gave in and sold my rifle to him.

Over these 12 years I have repeatedly kicked myself for selling that rifle and today I was over at his place and I told him that I had the Kimber ordered when he said "you know I have hardly ever shot that 22-250 that I bought from you would you like it back"?

So now sitting in my gun room is my old Ruger M77, my original dies and boxes of bullets and ammo that I had sold to him so long ago....

What a great way to start the new year...

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Helo

I have a Kimber Pro Varmint.

She is perfect,my 22-250

Posts: 22 | Location: Sweden/Sverige | Registered: 17 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do the magazines in those Kimbers chambered for the 223 and 22-250 have a block at the rear like the Ruger 77 Mark II or not? Always wondered about that since I've never seen one in person. Thank you.