Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Rem 105 gr VLD twist?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

Anyone try the 105 gr Berger VLD in a 1 in 9 twist 6mm Rem? Berger recommends a 1 in 8. That's probably ideal ... but would be interested in any real experience with the bullet in the more common 1 in 9 twist.

Thanks!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
EekerI really like Berger bullets but this one struck out in a 1:10 twist. 6" group at 50 yds. and none of the holes were round. thumbdownroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 27 1/2" Remington 1:9.25" twist barrel with a max load of RL-22 would not stablize this bullet.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One turn in 7" or maybe 8". This bullet is very long. It more closely resembles a 78 RPM phonograph needle. LOL

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I have a 6mm Rem with a one in 7 twist.. a load of 46 grains of RL 19, with this bullet or the 115 grain Bergers, are both tackdrivers in my Rem 700 ( Long action) with an MV at 3250 with the 115s and 3300 fps with the 105s...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote