THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    223 LVSF [ not shooting well]

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 LVSF [ not shooting well]
 Login/Join

posted
My brother just bought one , the problem he is having is it will shoot two together then the next two will be 1 1/2 to 2 inches two the left , it does it with several different amo manufacturers, he says at the end of the stock there is a button or small bar on each side touching the barrel, wasnt sure if he should grind them off or not , any tips to make it shoot better ?

posted Hide Post
thought some of you remington boys might want to help me out, guess i thought wrong

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It takes time for people to see your queries. Not everything gets answered instantly, especially when there is no such thing as a LV ST. LVSF might make the Rem owners take note.

I removed the plastic knobs you're talking about before I even shot mine, so I can't really say what difference it made. Make sure the scope is both good, and secured properly. I've had two rifles go 'bad' lately, and in both cases removing and reinstalling the scopes fixed the problem. Also check the torque on the action screws.

In my experience, 'two grouping' is caused by scopes, or something being loose.

Posts: 106 | Location: Oz..... | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thank you for the info , the two knobs didnt seem right but you never know , I will also tell him two check his scope, thanks again wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first LVSF 223 came from the factory with a large nick right on the crown of the muzzle. My dealer was already traveling to the wholesaler, so he dropped it off for a replacement. The Remington sales rep happened to be there. This guy blew it off like it was no big deal! Makes you wonder about Remington quality control! I got a replacement and it groups 1/2 moa with no problem. The only thing I have done is adjust the trigger to about 2 1/2 lbs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One other thing that I've just noticed on my LVSF is that the bolt handle is lightly contacting the stock. This shouldn't be happening, but it's only a 5 minute sandpaper job to fix.

Whilst I like many things about this rifle (a 221), and we have another in 204 on order, it has the worst bolt feel of any of our 11 Remingtons. I think I might order the bits needed to get rid of the J lock and move back to the old style shroud.

Posts: 106 | Location: Oz..... | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote