New
Find
Notify
Tools

rem. 6mm in a vls
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
my reloading stuff is packed up & stored so...whats the best factory ammo to shootin a 6mm heavy barrel rem with laminated stock?

one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
I must ask, why buing factory ammo if you own a reloading set?

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have a Remington VLS in 6mm Rem that I received too late in the season to do any reloading for. I've only used Remington ammo in 80gr. and 100gr., but both print 5 shot groups (100yds.) well under an inch. Before putting the rifle to bed for a long winters nap I had the action glassed, barrel floated and got rid of that gawd-awful 8 lb. trigger pull. I'm looking forward to getting it back to
the range this spring with a lot of handloads I've made up.
Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine shoots both the 70 gr Balistic Tip and 4064 or the 87 gr Hornady BTHP and RL19 equally well.

Posts: 286 | Location: Gladdice,Tn | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot any factory ammo in my 6mmVLS but using 39.0 grains of VARGET and the 87 grain VMaxs it is a legitimate 1" 400 yard gun. It is bedded and the trigger worked. A friend gave me a box of REMINGTON PREMIUM ammo yesterday loaded with 75 grain VMaxs. That load is not cataloged anymore so don't know if you can find any of them. Hopefully will try them out tomorrow and let you know! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
I've shot quite a bit of the Remington 75grain V-Max factory Varmint ammo with good to excellent results out of an older Remington 700 BDL varmint rifle.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote