New
Find
Notify
Tools

257 tsx
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally got the test I wanted for the 100gr TSX in my 257 Roberts. I shot a 190# management buck down in South Texas this weekend. He was quartering towards me so I put the bullet infront of the near shoulder, it took out the top of the heart and one lung then exited behind the off shoulder removing 2 ribs on exit. The buck went 20 yards and u.f.d'. Did I mention I only load that rifle to 2800fps. It did all that at 202 yards!!! I will never use another bullet. The TSX does exactly what Barnes says. I'll send pics when my buddy sends them to me. The buck scored in the 130 range with 11 pnts, pretty cool deer.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your hunt sounds like you had a great time. Since converting over to Barnes TSX we have taken 5 Bucks this year all with the same success you saw in South Texas. They may be a little expensive in some people’s eyes but to me they are well worth the cost. It will take a wonder bullet to get me to change anytime soon. Look forward to seeing the pictures when you get them.

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote