THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .22 Scope Mount (high) wanted

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Scope Mount (high) wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Want to mount a 1" scope with a 1.75" objective bell on an old German Mauser Patrone .22 single shot training rifle without removing the rear sight. A standard dovetail mount is not high enough for the bell to clear the rear sight assembly. Anyone have a higher one? or know where I can find one? mmichals@us.ibm.com or PM

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the B-Square Weaver adapters that Brownell's sells? I have put them on several grooved 22 rifles and Savage 24 combination guns. They are the best solution that I've found for installing a scope on a grooved receiver format.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look at the Warne euro dovetail ring specs; also, a see-through mount in the proper dovetail width might raise the bell enough.

you might try looking the scope mounts at Pyramid Air over, too.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ignored post by tin can posted 10 March 2009 21:22 Show Post

Previous Topic | Next Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Eve For Enterprise (Learn More About Eve) [x]

SiteThe Accurate Reloading Forums
Servleteve1db041
Version1.3.1.21
ModuleForums 4.0.3
Stylesheet"smallcal"
Wordlet Set"Default Wordlet Set"
Logout: The Accurate Reloading Forums
Update Groupee Account Reply

quick site and weaver make a see thru 22 dovetail mount that would work./

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
If you can mount your scope high enough you will find a very comfortable and accurate shooting hold with head up straight and chin resting on the side of the comb. thumb

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
quote:
Excuse me?!!!

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Bought a set of Millett rings (high) from Brownells and they work great. Not expensive and they even have some windage adjustment built in.

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote