New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 22 Long?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cabela's Fall 2004, First Edition, Page 598 lists the following ammo!

CCI-HE-21-4328 .22 CB Long ammo.
Qty=500 Code=681 Price=$24.99

I don't know exactly what CB is, but this is the only "22 Long" ammo I've found available!

Hope this helps you out!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is marked ".22 Long". .22 long rifles do not feed properly.

What ammo will work in this rifle and where can it be purchased?

The 22 Long is a lighter bullet, normally used in the 22 Short, put in the longer LR case, kind of a hybrid. It's overall length will be shorter, which is probably why it is giving you problems with LR ammo.

Long ammo is hard to find, but it's out there. Chuck's link above is at least a starting point for you if you can't find any locally.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PS-

Take this down to the Rimfire forum & I'll bet someone can tell you more about the rifle & where to get ammo...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I don't know exactly what CB is, but this is the only "22 Long" ammo I've found available!

Normally, it's Conical Bullet (pointed) as opposed to the BB (Ball Bullet), but I've only seen them in Shorts (or more precisely, CB Caps). Not sure if that applies in this case, but that's my guess.

one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
22 shorts will work.
A little more powerful than cb caps.
Longs were readily available into the 70's, haven't seen any new mfg longs in years,but haven't been looking for them.
2003 Natchez catalog has Rem hv in short,long and long rifle listed
You might give them a call, 1-800-251-7839 .

good luck

Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote