THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Small Ring 98 cut down for 222 size

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Ring 98 cut down for 222 size
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Years ago I had a 222 Rem converted in Europe somewhere that was a small ring 98 cut into and made into the magazine to match and it was a very well made rifle. I fitted a new 17 rem barrel. I wish I had made pictures for all to see. It was one of the best little rifles of its time.

Does anyone have pictures of their conversions of 98's down to 222 rem size?

If you see something different in custom work please make photo's and post them. I know lots of people post that they have done this or that and never post for all to see. Why not Post!!!

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I converted a small ring 98 from the original 7.92X57 to a 6.5 Creedmoor with a '09 Argy bottom metal that had originally fed 7.65 Argentine rounds. I'll try and add some pictures later this evening if I can find them.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5237 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Small ring 6.5 Creedmoor conversion moved to gunsmithing forum. CB

Posts: 5237 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i remember seeing one of them back when biebs was still in diapers (maybe last year shocker sofa) and it was quite a work of art

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Bet that was a pretty site. Beibs packing a load. rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
I loved the Kurtz Mausers in 250-3000..I have had the urge for years to cut a 98 in half, and make a 250...costs is a factor however.

I remember the 1993 as I recall guild gun of the year, metal work by Jack Belk. It was a 22 L.R. on a cut down 1903 Springfield action, awesome..

BTW it recently sold for something over $125,000 Im told.

I think the factories are missing a bet here, such a rifle would sell like tacos and Kibe at a La Raza barfitsma or something like that!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at a Herters 98 in 223 this afternoon. Less than $500 tax and out the door...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote