THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    fixed 22-250 accuracy problem

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fixed 22-250 accuracy problem
 Login/Join

posted
For about two months(on and off)I,ve been trying to find a good load for my 22-250. I've read and tried alot of the loads that have worked for others. I tried H380, Varget, IMR3031, IMR4895, and IMR4064, I also tried three different brands of primers none would shoot better than about one inch group at 100yds. This was very disappointing to me because I knew my shooting abilities and I felt like the gun should shoot better. Before I started working on a load I had it pillarbedded, and felt like my accurracy should of been below .5 at 100yds. I went to a different scope base and rings and tried a load of 32gr. of Varget with a 55grn Nosler balisstic tip and it shoots in the .3 and under now. I'm very satisfied with my accuracy now.

Posts: 11 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
bpc what rings & bases did you go from & what did you go to?

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bpc you didn't mention what rifle you are using! I shoot a Ruger Mark II with a Ruger stainless target barrel and can shoot under .5 with standard rings. I use a load of 36grns. of ar2208 (Varget ) to you,with 55grn Nosler Ballistic Tips.

Posts: 53 | Location: Bundaberg,Queensland , Australia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I was using see-thru mounts that I already had on hand on a remington 700 vls. I went to a one piece leupold base and medium hieght leupold rings. I'll never try the see-thru rings again or own any more. Those that I removed end up in a trash dump.

bpc

Posts: 11 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote