THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anybody have a Winchester model 70 .264 win mag

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a Winchester model 70 .264 win mag
 Login/Join

posted
Yeah, i had one a few years ago. It had a 26 inch barrel.
Anyway, if anyone has one, I want to buy it off you for a decent price.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. Super Grade! Shoots 125 Nosler partitions at 3350 fps and.45" at 100 yds with RL25. But it is not for sale!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one a while ago to rebarrel to a wildcat. Now it has a new Winchester barrel back on it. It has not shot well for me. It's about a 1.5 MOA rifle except with a Lapua 123 gr bullet and then it's only about 1.25 MOA.

I bought a new synthetic stock for it rather than mess up the collectors value of the pre 64 stock. That did not help.

I have put very little time into this rifle but it's in the back row and not in the for sale row.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a nice pre 64 in .264 for sale at Scheels in Rapid City South Dakota. PM me if you want the contact info. I believe the price is $1295.

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
I picked up a model 70 sporter mag pf in 264 a few yrs ago and just recently shot it for the first time. I have no plans on selling even though I could use the $.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep.

I have a westrener that has around 1500 rds through it (take that all you nay sayers). I have not used this rifle much recently as I purchased a ruger in .264.

My buddy has the carbine version. Ever see three foot flames jump from a 20" barrel. Unfortunatley that set up makes for a very loud, flamethrowing .270

turfman

Posts: 133 | Location: Pa\Nj | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tdobesh
posted Hide Post
Turfman,

Sounds about consistant with other stories I've heard about the carbines only yours is a little more graphic and colorful. Makes me wish I could see one in action! But from a far distance away! Probably wouldn't be a good choice for these parts as dry as it often gets by deer season it probably would be more flamethower and less deer rifle!

Posts: 162 | Location: Lincoln, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
POP,
We would be interested to know how much RL-25 you're using for the 125 Nosler Partitions. I have a Super Grade Classic like yours. The throat seems a little short. How far off the lands are you seating those Partitions?