THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet - PICS ADDED 09/09/14

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Hornet - PICS ADDED 09/09/14
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted
So I've been wanting to buy this rifle since I heard CZ was to make them in the varmint model.

I was by my local gun shop to get my tags for this fall & just had to hold the display gun, for about the 100th time.

Earlier this year, the first batch of CZ's to arrive were down to one varmint model, the exact model I wanted in 17 Hornet, it was even on sale...stupid me didn't pull the trigger so to speak and missed out Frowner

Fast forward to present day and another batch of CZ's arriving last month. I asked Dave how many they had left in stock, his answer was 4 in the back with one on the shelf. So I hummed and hawed for a while, then Dave says "they were on sale last week for 5% off, I could give you that discount today if you'd like!"

SOLD!!! Regular price of $780 went down to $740 and I couldn't resist.

I've had a scope and rings collecting dust for about 8 months now for this rifle, but didn't have the chance to get anything mounted so far as I've been scouting hard for the upcoming white tail season which starts for archery on Sept 1.

I'll add some pics of the rifle with everything mounted up when I'm done...hopefully this weekend!

Now to find some dies and brass, they were out at my local shop and factory loads were $25 for 25 rounds...far too expensive compared to reloading!! I bought one box anyways...can't have a rifle without ammo!

CK82

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
I got 1 in .204 ruger... shot it last weekend... put a zeiss conquest 3x9x40 on it... my rifle came with rings... and I sure like the set trigger!!....you'll like yours....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going with a Scorpion Optics (Canadian company) Copperhead 4.5-14x44 AE as I'm a part of their prostaff...thinking it might look a little goofy as it's a fairly large scope on a smaller framed rifle. I guess I'll see how she looks when I get it mounted up!

The Varmint model doesn't come with rings in Canada but the American model does...most rifles that come with rings in the US don't in Canada for some odd reason.

One of the main reasons I bought the Varmint was for the single set trigger...my first rifle with that feature...can't wait to get some rounds through her!!

Also it's the first rifle I've ever bought with a wood stock that isn't a laminate...sure is purty wood on her!!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the same model in .204 Ruger as well. Great rifle. I have a Swarovski 6-18x50 mounted on it. Looks a bit large on the rifle but I don't care. Works great for shooting prairie dogs or other small game at longer ranges.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of pics:

On the bench

Sight in target

She's pretty darn accurate!!

I LOVE the single set trigger too...first rifle I've owned that has that feature and it just makes me happy Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got this guy and a few of his buddies on Saturday.

I LOVE this gun!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CK,
All CZ 527 rifles come with the single set trigger, not just the varmint models. glad you are loving your Cz, I have several and my favorite is the one I have in 19 Calhoon, a 22 hornet necked down to 19 cal.
Scorpion I have heard good things but have not looked through one yet. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Lovely little toy - mine is in the .223 in the full-stock version. very nice toy.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fasteel:
CK,
All CZ 527 rifles come with the single set trigger, not just the varmint models. glad you are loving your Cz, I have several and my favorite is the one I have in 19 Calhoon, a 22 hornet necked down to 19 cal.
Scorpion I have heard good things but have not looked through one yet. FS

Scorpion optics are a great value for the price one pays! They've recently come out with a new line of long range "Venom High Grade" 30 mm tubed scopes. Along with a new dangerous game scope & tactical models and even red dot scopes.

I also use their strings on my bow.

They're a great (CANADIAN) company with a great reputation for customer service, as well as their lifetime "sting-free" warranty!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a lot there to be in love with isn't there? Your's is not only good looking but it's sure a shooter too!
I have one as well and of the bone stock varminters I have, it and a CZ 527 American in .221 Fireball win the "gun love" prize.
Here's a couple pics of my .17 Hornet from last summer.

Have you noticed that the rodents don't seem to love it near as much as you do Big Grin ??

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There sure is Montdoug!!

Yours is fairly pretty too BTW.

And no...the varmints don't seem nearly as smitten as I am Wink