Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last night at the Colorado outfitters Assoc. annual convention in a raffle I won a Savage rifle with some sort of adjustable trigger. Its stainless synthetic in a 204 caliber. I have not gotten a close look as I need to pick it up from the gunshop and get the background check done.
Can anyone give me any info?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the rifle or the round?
On the rifle I know nothing. On the round it's a slightly improved .222 Mag case necked to .20 cal, great fur and varmint round. If your a reloader try the 39 grain Sierra BlitzKing with RL 10X. It's a long enough bullet to allow getting closer to the lands in the factory chamberings with their super long throat.
Congrats on your win! Hell even if ya hate it ya can always sell it and make a few bucks. Only thing I ever won in my life was an all expense paid trip to Southeast Asia with the USMC back in 1967 when I was 18. Eeker

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MontDoug,

the secret is to have your wife hold the tickets! I have Lorene do that and she always wins something nice.

Me, I'm like you, except my winning ticket said US Army.

Rich
NRA Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same-same vacation just different cruise lines. Welcome home my friend.

If my wife held the tickets Rich she'd actually lay claim to the firearm, she loves gopher and p-dog hunting.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
The rifle is junk & the round is useless.

PM me for my snail mail addy & you can ship it to me. I won't charge you for the disposal.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.rugerhunting.com for data on the 204 Ruger.

tuck2

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote